Monday, March 06, 2006

I took the plunge

You know that whole stash knitting ideal?? Yeah, well, I just crumpled like the bumper of a Yugo.

I have been oogling the beautiful works of art on Alice Starmore's site for the last year. (Yes, one of the first books I bought was an AS stranded knitting book before I knew you couldn't get any of the Rowan colors anymore). Then recently, I saw a REAL LIVE Alice Starmore pattern and got to touch it.... mmm.... beautiful.... so I crumpled. Crumpled like the bumper of a Ford Pinto exploding into flames at the first sign of impact with beautiful yarn & pattern. There will be no Red Heart acrylics for this addicted knitter, no siree bob!

Now, in the grand scheme of crumpling like yesterday's tin foil, I didn't do so badly. I'm really more like a gently folded piece that some spend-thrifty knitter will reuse just to save money to buy more yarn. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

I loaded up my basket with three sweaters. The Flora Jacket in the blue colorway, the Glen Albyn cardigan, and the Leo Scarf.

Then I did the math and figured out that just one sweater and the scarf would cost me OVER $500!! Yeah. Not so much. So, I unloaded the two sweaters and decided to start much smaller. Here's what I got:



I'M SO EXCITED!!!! If you look closely, the brown stripe is the Lion feet and as you work your way up, you'll see the lions are actually lionesses and they are sitting with their heads turned back over their shoulders. I figure DH is a Leo, he LOVES lions and my little lionesses can protect him from the clutches of raven haired, Latin, Penelope Cruz-type-beauties (mwah-hah-hah-haaaaaa)!!!

What? Oh yeah, sorry, right. ... and he loves jewel tones but ones that aren't too bright. Based on what I've seen, AS's colors aren't too bright. So, if he likes it, it's his. Why don't I keep it for myself? Well, cause if I make something for him, then I can buy a sweater kit for me, of course!! Yeah, that's assuming I can bear to part with it.

I'll let you know when it gets here!

Tonight, swatches and patterns for the Mom Jacket!


3 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa said...

oooh, that will be a fun knit! Can't wait to see it.

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's going to turn out gorgeous. That Starmore site is very tempting.

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That scarf is so lovely! Keep me off the internet or I may be knitting this along with you!

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Mesothelioma Lawyer
Mesothelioma Lawyer Counter