Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Pits, Pats and Past Knits

Okay, so the title didn't really mean anything at all, but I liked the way it sounded.

I don't have a whole lot going on in the knitting world today. I spent last night "tink"ing on Ene and knitting and switching from Chart 3 - Repeat 1 to Chart 3 - Repeat 2 and messing up the whole thing becasuse I'm not experienced enough to knit, place markers, reliably count to 6 AND watch the Olympic Men's figure Skating competitors slam to the ground over and over and over again. (Why is it that they keep saying the men are "better, stonger, faster" if they can't stay on their feet? Why is that, praytell?)

So, for your viewing pleasure, here are a few picks of some past knits that I've never posted.

First up tonight ladies and gents in the Past Knits Fashion Show we have the socks that I made for my Mum this Christmas. It turns out that one foot was longer than the other so she left them with me to undo and re-knit the toe on the bigger sock (I have a sneaking suspicion that I didn't actually fix the problem when I re-knit the one sock).

The yarn is Artyarns SuperMerino in this really fun Pepto /Exlax colorway (ick, sorry, I just dissolved into giggles over that one!) Ewww. Anyway, Mum has Gunboats stongly supportive feet so they required 3 hanks and it's kind expensive but the yarn is soooo squishy and soft and machine washable! I love Artyarns Supermerino! I almost love it enough to go and buy some of the same colorway for myself. But instead I got a really fun red/magenta/pink one.

The pattern came from sensational knitted socks and to tell you the truth, this is my 3rd pair of socks with a slipstitch heel and I'm not liking it so much, not so much. I'm going to have to forray (or is that foray) into my Nancy Bush Vintage Socks book for a short row heel adventure.


I knit this next bit of joyousness early last summer. He was accompanied by an adorable pair of little blue baby booties with bobbles on them for my cousin's new joy. This little chap came from Debbie Bliss' Toy Knits. I made him with Knit Picks Dye-your-own sock yarn (doubled) and some leftover JoSharp DK (recognize it from the Entrelac bag and the mittens? I got a LOT of this yarn for really cheap). I loved making him and my cousin swears her boy loves him, too. OK, not exactly washable, but small enough to hand wash without much fear of mildew. I should be getting my shipment from KnitHappens.net tonight, I'll keep you all posted on what happens....

4 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa said...

Looking good - I'm a huge fan of pink and brown myself. Good luck with the short row heel. I know Sensational Knitted Socks has a short row heel toe-up pattern - I tried it, but I just like heel flap construction better.

4:13 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Silly wabbit, trix are for kids. So Cute that bunny!!!!!!!! I may have to make one. I don't do seams however.....

9:23 PM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

That little bunny is a doll. I bet the baby loves it more and more and more...

short toe socks? I just knit a pair thataway. Sooo tiresome to pick out that toe. Good luck. Pink and brown is lovely.

Was that your Mom? hehe

11:11 PM  
Blogger knit_chick said...

What a cute bunny wabbit! I think your mom's socks turned out great. I love the color (Pepto and all).

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Mesothelioma Lawyer
Mesothelioma Lawyer Counter