Monday, February 27, 2006

Car Updates and Clapotis -- Part II

Well, I got home on Friday evening and there was an "Urgent" message from my insurance company saying that a claim had been placed and that the other driver was ..... get this.....
INJURED!!!


The time stamp on the message is 4:15 p.m. I called back the office and got the following message: "Hi. This is Perky-So-n'-So with Allstate claims. Our office hours are M-F 8:30 to 4:30. I will be out of the office until Tuesday, February 28th. If this is in regards to a claim and it's during office hours... please press .... etc."

For the moment, let's ignore that this raging [insert expletives here] is lying about any injuries and is just pissed off that I wouldn't give him cash. Now let's ask the following question: What kind of fool calls at 4:15 on a Friday and leaves an "Urgent" message when she's going to be out until TUESDAY!!??

So, DH tells me to call the 800#. Which I do. The 800# guy tells me that there's nothing he can do, don't bother calling my agent tomorrow morning cause he won't know anything about it and I can leave a message if I want but there's no guarantee that anyone will return it before Tuesday when my claims adjuster get back in the office. Hello?? Can we say "Someone needs a lesson in Customer Service?"

Course, this brings to mind that whole "You're in good hands with Allstate" thing and makes me wonder who the hell they think they're kidding. Yeah, my agent is in my neighborhood, but according to the 800# guy, he can't help me. What-the-hell is the purpose of having someone close by if they can't help? Please, explain this to me. When I was a Geico customer (prior to DH) I could get a hold of anyone, anytime. Literally.


So, as of right now, I have a lying SOB claiming that I've injured him. (There's no damamge to my car. My license plate isn't even bent up, so you know I was standing on the brake as my car slooooooowly slid into his). A claims adjustor that I can't get in touch with. A premium that's going to go up, most likely, and unless I take this jack-ss to court, I'm screwed. So much for going through insurance to protect myself.

On to WONDERFUL news!! I've finished Ene's Shawl!! No pics today, but I'll publish tomorrow. I lightly blocked her last night and I'm wearing her today. Everyone's gushing {grin}.

I have to block again tonight...here's the deal. I got a whole mess of styrofoam sheets down from the attic. They're about 18"x 60". I taped 3 of them together with packing tape (approx 54" x60"). I set Ene on the diagonal to allow myself the most space and began to pin. Pinning, pinning.... not enough styrofoam. I took a 4th sheet that I'd brought down and put it along the short edge. Still not big enough. Sigh.... it's 10:30 pm and I can't get up in the attic right now because mostly I just don't want to. Un-pin... un-pin.... un-pin... fold the now barely damp shawl that has been lightly blocked and put it in the closet. [Note: I have three kitties, one of whom just last night ate a hank of Mom's ArtYarns super merino that she'd left available (e.g. not under lock and key).]

Speaking of Mom... she's so cool!! She gave me the money for the Catherine Lowe workshop at my LYS I've been pinning after for the last couple of months!! Basics of Couture Knitting the weekend of March 10th!! I didn't even ask and I was talking to her about it and how I just couldn't bring myself to spend the money on it and she just gave it to me!! I thought about saying no, but then I'm still pretty greedy and I really want to take it! So, I'm leaving work today at 4:00 so I can run to my LYS before it closes and sign up and get my HOMEWORK!! I'm so excited!!! Hooray for the world's coolest mom!!! THANKS MOM!

3 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa said...

1) Ugh -sorry about the insurance junk:(
2) Yea! Ene's done! Can't wait to see.
3) Super nice mom! You'll have to tell me all about the class at the next GROUP.

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a jerk. I hope he gets whatever crap he deserves coming to him.

Yay for your mom! Very nice of her to do that for you. I can't wait to see picture of the Ene's.

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am SO jealous.

I wanted to do that class, but DH is out of town, and the boy has the hockey championship game that Saturday afternoon.

I can't wait to see this one at group also!
Lynae

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Mesothelioma Lawyer
Mesothelioma Lawyer Counter