Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Car Updates and Clapotis

I put a message out on the Knitters' Review Forums saying I was looking for a single hank of Lorna's Lion and Lamb in Vera to complete the Clapotis that I'd started before I noticed that the dyelots were different.

I just got a message today from a lovely lady in Canada, Amy from Make One Yarn Studio in Calgary, Alberta. She came to my rescue! She has a pale skein of L&L in Vera and was kind enough to send me 4 pictures!!! She rotated the skein in each pic so that I could see each side of the color changes! Now that's what I call customer service.

I immediately replied back and told her I'd take it and she sent me a PayPal invoice and said it was all packaged up ready to go before I even submitted payment. This whole exchange took less than 30 minutes. How cool is that?!

Go check out her site and buy something from her if she's got waht you need. I'm definitely going to bookmark her site and watch it grow.

Now for the car update....

Mr. Camry called and wanted the $300 (no surprise). I explained to him that my husband was very upset with me for making that offer and that we had to go through insurance. So, I ate a little crow with Mr. Camry and apologized. After much discussion and explanation he understood that I was not going to write him a check he said "That's ok, I take cash." Um, no. Let me go over this again.

Then he said "If they no pay my car, then you must pay my car."

I actually laughed and said, "I'm sorry Mr. Camry but No. That's not how it works. That's why I gave you my insurance number." "Okay. I call you later."

"Actually, if you call your insurance agent, he will tell you not to call me anymore and that they will contact me."

Long and short, $10 says he doesn't do anything. I feel badly, but I don't want to get taken advantage of anymore than the next gal.

4 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa said...

That was a lucky break on the yarn! I'll definitely keep an eye on that store.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's bet that Mr. Camry has done this before. You are just smarter than the others!
Lynn

6:42 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Jen

I just added Make1 to my sites. Beautiful yarn as usual.

6:52 PM  
Blogger knit_chick said...

I love the Vera colorway. That's the color of my first knitted socks.

"That's ok, I take cash." LOL. Good idea to let your insurance handle all this. Mr. Camry is probably not going to go through the effort now.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Mesothelioma Lawyer
Mesothelioma Lawyer Counter