Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Pink Menorahs (a.k.a Meida's Socks)

Finished, finished, finished!! I love these socks so much, I might need to make another pair just for me!! The pattern is georgeous, the cuff and heel turn is ingenious and I'm gaa gaa over the colors! You probably can't tell from these pics, but when I look at the pattern, it kind of reminds me of Pink Menorahs. You also probably can't tell from these pics but these socks are the most beautiful I've made so far.

Pattern: Meida's Socks designed by Nancy Bush for IK Favorite Socks.
Yarn: STR Lightweight in Mist
Needles: 2 24" Addi Turbos size US0 / 2 mm
Time to complete: Well, now, that doesn't count because I'm always working on several projects at once. But let's say two weeks of actual working time.
Changes: 1. I moved the pattern repeat to be in the middle of the foot when I did the heel flap.
2. Since the pattern called for DK weight yarn and I was working on microscopic yarn, I added two knit stitches in between each of the 4 pattern repeats. If I do them again, I'll mamke it two purl sts instead so that they appear receded.






    Labels: , , , ,

    9 Comments:

    Blogger MargaretS said...

    They certainly are beautiful! Can't wait to see them in person. Love the pattern, too. Thanks for all the info.

    Love you
    dM

    2:57 PM  
    Blogger Drin said...

    I love those socks! They turned out beautiful and the colors are wonderful.

    8:26 PM  
    Blogger knit_chick said...

    Beautiful!

    8:40 PM  
    Blogger Alyssa said...

    Gorgeous! You will definitely have to make a pair for yourself. :)

    9:01 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I obviously missed something - who are they for?

    See you tonight!

    9:26 AM  
    Blogger Chicago Jen said...

    No, Lynae, you didn't miss anything, I'm just a retard. I just want to make another pair....

    10:09 AM  
    Blogger Sophie_vf said...

    Those are awesome! Thanks for the info on modifications. I wasn't interested in them either when I saw them in the book ("big fat white yarn", lol!) but I love your version. Excellent way of really making them your own.

    11:00 AM  
    Blogger Bonnie said...

    Nice work! I love the yarn you chose, and also your modifications. I too want to use fingering weight yarn for these socks, so I may borrow your idea of adding two stitches between the pattern repeats.

    Very beautiful socks!

    1:38 PM  
    Blogger Hawkesley said...

    That is such a pretty pattern. Your socks look great!

    6:11 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

     

    Mesothelioma Lawyer
    Mesothelioma Lawyer Counter