Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Christmas Hat in Lorna's of my Own Design


OK, I know I mentioned this before Christmas and I wanted to get you all some pics.

The pattern is one of my own design with heavy credit to Grumperina's Odessa pattern (though I've never read it) and EZ's Knitting Workshop book. I only had one ball of Lorna's Laces Bulky (clearly my new favorite yarn) less one 6"x6" swatch.
The best part about Lorna's is that it becomes super soft once you wash it. Oh yeah, and that whole superwash thing is to die for. What I like about this hat is how the swirls come together and merge into one swirl as the top decreases. Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Bulky 1 hank in colorway Vera

Needles: Addi Turbo Size 5 in 16"

Time to complete: 1 afternoon to design and 2 hours to knit. (I had to rip and restart a couple of times.










Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger kathy b said...

Jen

Great hat! Great design. You designing woman you! Lornas' bulky eh?

8:03 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I love that hat & the colors. Lornas is the best!

7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Mesothelioma Lawyer
Mesothelioma Lawyer Counter