Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Have I mentioned I'm a Nerd?

Yeah, so I heard about this Ravelry thing back in May-ish (?) possibly June. And I said to myself; "Self, you can't even BLOG properly, what the heck do you need to do this Ravelry thing for??!"

And so I didn't sign up. Shame on me.

And then I did sign up. In. July. Shame on me.

I've been waiting breathlesly ever since as all my Knitterly Friends and my fav bloggers jump on to the Ravelry play ground.

Now, I don't check every day. I check more like once a week. At one point there were 7,000 some folks ahead of me in line. Last week when I checked, there were still 2,000 Fiber Enthusiasts ahead of me. Today... I logged in and here's what I saw:

I got all EXCITED and Gasp-y and whatnot!! Dude, if you look up Nerd on Wikipedia, you just might find my picture.
Also, I've been finishing some stuff lately.








This was a really fun knit, except for the splitty yarn problem and the really tiny sleeves for the really big armhole problem (must count rows per inch).

I figured out that the super-low neck line, while not represented in the design photos in the booklet, is a direct function of having to make super large arm holes for the bigger size, which consequently makes the bodice part longer and the ... neck line lower. Yep, put it on the first time, before I'd sewn in the sleeves and I was so upset. But now that it's all finished I love it.

Yarn: Ecologie Cotton from Nashua Knits Color: Chestnut (should've picked a different color as this makes me look all one color with my hair, I knew this and ignored my good sense.)
Pattern: Surplice Lace Top from Nashua Knits North American Designer Collection No. 4
Size: Largest and I should have done short rows in the boob department.
Total finishing time: about 2 months (just cause I didn't want to sew in the second sleeve and seam the sides. Otherwise, 1 month to knit.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Congratulations on finishing! It looks great! Are you happy with it? (Other than the color - which I kind of like, from what I can see, on you).

Hope to see you soon on Ravelry -- the facebook for knitting nerds ;-)

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Nashua top looks beautiful (even though you have worn it numerous times yet failed to show it off at knitting group ;)

You'll be on Ravelry soon, just another day or so! Can't wait to see you there!

3:37 PM  
Blogger Octopus Knits said...

It's beautiful -- I even like the color on you!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Drin said...

I love that top! I think it looks better on you than it does on the model in the pattern. You got some skills girl!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

Beautiful! The top looks lovely and so do you. :)
As a fellow nerd I can tell you the wait for Ravelry is worth it. hehe See there soon!

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Mesothelioma Lawyer
Mesothelioma Lawyer Counter