Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I am a Total Slacker

Sorry I've been so out of touch lately. I've been held captive by the sunshine and I haven't spent much time on line at all. I've been reading but not posting. I hope you all are well and that the lovely sunshine has made it your way.

To commemorate the departure of said sunshine here are some pics of my lovely coming up garden:

No idea what this is, it's a wild tree/ shrub growing in the thicket next to my house. We've seen them in tree form along the bike path (It's not a Crab Apple, it produces dark black berries the size of small blueberries). I'm thinking it might be an Elder Berry since we've had a big problem with the Box Elder Bugs getting into the house this season (I'm a geek but not that bad, the exterminator told us what they were and that we couldn't do anything about it, they'd just go back outside once it gets warm.)
Grape hyacinth which I usually don't like because people plant them as little individual plants just hanging out there by themselves, but this year I put in three different shades and they're all clumped together in a 1x2 foot patch next to the Hyacinths: dark blue, pale blue and white. So pretty.
Dicentra Spectabilis, commonly known as Bleeding Heart because of their unusual shape.
Um, tulips. Love me some spring tulips!

These beautiful blue flowers below really are this blue. They're an oversaturated summer sky blue and they're no bigger than a pencil eraser each. The plant is Brunnera Macropylla "Jack Frost" and the leaves will be heart shaped and the size of salad plates in the warmest part of summer with that beautiful silvery pattern that is just starting to appear on the leaves. Right now the plant is the size of a paper box and covered in these beatiful blue captured bits of heaven.Happy Spring, and if you're local, don't forget to cover any tender plants you might have. It's supposed to frost tonight!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you forget GROUP night?

4:14 PM  
Blogger Chicago Jen said...

Nope, not azaleas, thnk "Big Tree". Not viburnum either, Viburnum here have smaller waxy flowers. These are about the size of crabapple flowers and smell sweet with a slightly spoiled fruit finish.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Chicago Jen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:23 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Jen

I love bleeding hearts. So delicate and perfect. I have never had that plant in my yard. Lots of shade from established trees, so I ought to try.

When do you close?

12:52 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Oh,

I feel obliged to tell you about the few megacostly bags at 3 bags full. Lynnette only ordered a few. One is already on hold and AL says they are incredible. 300.00 incredible. Have you?

12:53 PM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

I don't blame you for slacking a bit with all those beaytiful flowers popping up out of the ground. Enjoy!

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Mesothelioma Lawyer
Mesothelioma Lawyer Counter