Sunday, April 02, 2006

"Drowning my sorrows in Yarn"

Kathy mentioned that I shouldn't go out and drown my sorrows in yarn or anything. But funny you should mention that!! Last night, in a moment of weakness I went and bought enough Alapaca Silk from Elann.com to make two (yes, TWO) Somewhat Cowl's from Wendy Bernard at Knitandtonic.com!

Yes, I'm an addict. I got Raspberry and Aubergine. I don't usually wear Aubergine (plum) but DH made me try on a turtleneck in that color a long time ago and it looked really nice. So there you have it. Drowning my sorrows in yarn. The best part is that enough yarn for two sweaters from elann only cost me about $60! Alpaca silk!! Yummy.

I spent a lot of time thinking last night about why I haven't finished a sweater yet. (It's true.) I think my problem is that I've never actually been able to follow a pattern. I always want ot create my own design but the problem is that I don't have ANY sewing experience.

Mom said she would come visit this summer and teach me a little, but I'm guessing that I'm going to need to actually take a class at Vogue Fabrics to really begin to understand better.

I must say that Catherine Lowe ,Eunny Jang and Grumperina have been truly inspiring for me.

Two new sweaters, here I come! I will follow a pattern! :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa said...

Great color choices. I'm sure you can finish a sweater. If you need help seaming, bring it to GROUP.

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember this, yarn has no calories so it is a perfect indulgence. You also have something good to show for it unlike what happens with other indulgences.
LYNN

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Baby Silk sounds so luxurious. That's going to make two great Somewhat Cowl's!

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA!

You almost got me to purchase some of that yarn....but then my fab SP7 sent me some Wool of the Andes and I resisted!

I will take it to group and see if I get some great ideas.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Rosana said...

Sorry to hear that the house was sold... You will get the right house sooner than you expect. Well I came to your blog again to see how are you doing, I look forward to see all the yarn and knitting projects that you are working on it. Abrazos amiga. By the way I tried to contact you last friday (cell phone off, house no answer)I made cochinita and only Judith came to eat it.

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Mesothelioma Lawyer
Mesothelioma Lawyer Counter