Thursday, September 01, 2005

Bad blogger! Bad...


Sorry for the delayed update. Life has been a little hectic around here lately. I'm working on the Market Squares bag for my Aunite for Christmas and here's a pic of Tier 4. Looks pretty cool, huh? Huh? I'm excited. The colors look the best in this first pic but you get a better idea about the overall bag in the next one.

I've also decided that I need to frog my Dad's entire hat and knit the next smaller size. (Phoo!) But I just don't feel like I can give it to him the way it is. It's just too, too big.

I've also made the jump from using my luscious Brooks Farm yarn for a lace shawl [which as one lovely poster put it, would cause the lace to get lost in the color and wieght of the georgeous yarn] to saving it for the Lady Eleanor Stole from Scarf Style. I've got enough yarn to make it possibly one repeat larger since the yarn is smaller than the pattern recommends, but yes, I promise to swatch first. :)

Next, I went to my fav LYS today and checked out the newest Rowan magazine which has those de-lish fingerless cable-lace gloves in some yummy mohair (of which I'm sure I have enough to spare somewhere in my stash...) but I decided that I didn't like the rest of the patterns in the book enough to spend $21.95 to get a fingerless glove pattern. BTW, does anyone besides knitters wear fingerless gloves? I mean outside of the Opera Star playing Mimi in La Boheme...


Lovely evening to you all!

Oh, by the way, thanks to http://abeginningknitter.blogspot.com/ for the use of her picture of those yummy gloves!

2 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa said...

the bag is looking great! Can't wait to see how it turns out once it's been felted -- Neat:)

3:49 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

The Market Squares gift is wonderful. The colors really appeal to me. Would you disclose the cost of making it? I like to know the reality before I fall in love with it.

Thanks. ,

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Mesothelioma Lawyer
Mesothelioma Lawyer Counter