Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Morning musings

Okay, so I went a little hog wild Sunday. I went to that local yarn shop that's a little further away and they had a faboo selection of Cascade 220 (I love how that stuff felts). I bought a big felted bag pattern with colorful stripes and fat i-cord handles. HOW FUN!!

Then I saw a bunch of peoples' blogs yesterday with that yummy entrelac bag from Bags: A Knitter's Dozen so I went out last night and ordered that book, too. I've got a whole bunch of Jo Sharp worsted weight wool in pretty muted colors (navy, magenta, celadon, and something else) so I think I'll make that one out of the Jo Sharp wool. Definitely must do a swatch first.

Another note on swatching. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO SWATCH BEFORE MIXING YARNS!! I used Cascade 220 on the bottom of this bag and Lamb's Pride bulky on the top without swatching. Notice the floppy handles? Yeah. Gotta swatch and test felt, next time.



I've come to some pretty interesting decisions about my life in the last few days that I'd like to talk about but I have to tell DH about them before I share on the web (positive decisions, don't worry ;) ).

Here's an update on the baby sweater...

and I thought I'd leave you with a kitty pic for this morning. This is Magnus, he the littlest of three at about 8 or 9 lbs.

Grits n' eggs smooches!

1 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa said...

Magnus is adorable! And the baby sweater is fantastic....you are convincing me to add to my stash with some of that gorgeous yarn...mmmmm, yarn.....
See you Tuesday!

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Mesothelioma Lawyer
Mesothelioma Lawyer Counter