Monday, August 15, 2005

Horror of Horrors!!!

DH found my stash!!!

And oh, what a stash it is... I've been meaning to inventory recently and I just haven't gotten around to it. Good thing tho is that I can still remember what I already have and what I don't so it must not be THAT big (at least that's what I'm telling myself. It's only about 4 of those large size bins with the colored drawer from the Container Store (could be worse).

So Saturday after my joyous visit to SMW, DH looks in the guest room (which contains my closet) and says "How come your closet's open?". Now to the unsuspecting ear, this may not be such a bad thing but we have 3 kitties. Three-chewing-kitties.

The closet is long and flat against the wall with two sets of folding doors like so: \_/--\_/. In one side of said closet is a linen rack and some storage, on the other side of the closet hang my clothes (or used to, rather). Now under the bottom rack there are 3 stacking bins and several bags of yarn from my fav yarn shop. DH and I look in one side of the closet with the linen rack, "No kitty", I say. He pulls open the side with my stash and silence falls over the room....

"Been buying a little yarn have you?" Dear Reader, my brain immediately short circuits and I resort to "guy-think": don't answer. don't admit anything. don't make eye contact. So, I didn't. I didn't answer, make eye contact or admit to anything. I just kept looking for the cat.

Next DH says, "I think you have enough now." and closes the door. Not another word was said about the incident. I have escaped unscathed!! Mwa-hah-hah-HAAAAA!!!!!

Blissfully wrapped in all my SMW purchases,
Jen

1 Comments:

Blogger knit_chick said...

Define "enough"? I think hiding new yarn under your current stash doesn't count... outta sight, outta mind kind of thinking...

~ knit chick

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Mesothelioma Lawyer
Mesothelioma Lawyer Counter