Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Updates on 'stuff'

Well, my Darling Brother, rather than hanging around Chicago stressing out waiting for news about passing the IL BAR exam has taken a hiatus from technology and American civilization. He's gone to South Africa for three weeks!

I just got an update email saying he's arrived safely in Johannesburg and that he took a guided tour of Soweto, saw Nelson Mandela's house, Bishop Tutu's house and the Aparthied museum. Quote for the day? "Awsome and overwhelming" Next on his world travelling agenda are like three different Safaris. (Too cool.)

Another fun thing is that I found a new Fine-Arts Girlfriend!! Actually, she's not a new friend, we've known eachother for about a year but we just started talking about music and dance and stuff and someday when we're rich she agreed to be my date for Fine Art excursions!! I'm so excited!! We talked about opera, ballet and classical music. Always nice to find a kindred spirit. Funny thing is that I was just wondering where I was going to find someone with whom I could share that part of my life because I miss it. Ask and ye shall receive, right?

2 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa said...

Hey Jen,
I'm no expert, but I do enjoy classical music and opera too-- so there you go! Another kindred spirit:)

8:36 PM  
Blogger knit_chick said...

I have a "fine arts" background. Does that count? I'm in no way an expert, though :)

Glad to hear your brother is doing well on his little excursion across the globe.

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Mesothelioma Lawyer
Mesothelioma Lawyer Counter