Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Paul


Paul was a Social Worker that I worked with at The North Shore Senior Center. He's in this picture standing on the chair at the back next to the post. He's a young guy; very private and very kind. He is a dilligent Elder Abuse Investigator and Supervisor who helped me to go on my first investigation and helped me to make many scary decisions. Because he is so private, I didn't get to know him very well while we worked together but we always got on well when we talked.

Paul was killed in a car accident early Monday morning. For the last several months (at least since August), he'd been working on an Elder Abuse case that was particularly nasty. He went to court last Friday and won his case, protecting the elderly woman. Despite winning his case, he was apparently still very stirred up by the circumstances surrounding it. No one knows exactly what happened but he woke up around 2:00 a.m. and went for a drive. Paul never came home.

There are people in this world who actively spend their energy to make it a better place every day. It's a crime when they are stolen from us in an untimely way. Paul was one of those people and he will be deeply missed.

If you pray, please say a prayer for him and his family.

Here are some of the things he was involved in in his life:
German Shepherd Rescue
Vital Bridges
He's quoted in this article

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing his story. it is a reminder that we all need sometimes to live life to it's fullest and always tell those who are important to us how much we care about them. His family will be in my prayers . I am sure that Paul's memory and passion for helping the elderly will live on.
I often think that the ones who give so much in order to help others never admit that they sometimes need help too.
Lynn

11:18 AM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

I am very sorry to hear about your recent loss. My thoughts are with you and Paul's family.

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your loss and Paul's family's loss. I am sure that he inspired many to keep his work going.
HUGS!

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for the loss of a former coworker & friend. He sounded like a caring person & did some good to those who needed help most. My thoughts are with you and his family & friends.

9:26 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Jen

I'm sorry. You can tell by the post he influenced your life. Sounds like he was a great gift.

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like Paul affected many peoples' lives and will be missed. I'm so sorry for your loss and will keep you and his family in my prayers.

7:59 AM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

I'm reading this a bit late but wanted to express my condolences to you over the loss of your co-worker.

What a tragic waste. I am sorry to hear of his untimely death. He was one of the very people we need so many more of, those who make a better world for other beings who are friendless and less fortunate.

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Mesothelioma Lawyer
Mesothelioma Lawyer Counter