Friday, November 11, 2005

Alright, so I'm a bad blogger....

I apologize for the lack of blogginess for the last month. I've been trying to keep several plates in the air and I have a bunch of photos to upload and I just haven't gotten around to doing it...

I've been sick this week and I missed my performance of Manon Lescaut at the Lyric which was severly disappointing. My girlfriend had Strep, I had a terrible sinus cold and Darling Auntie was left to attend all alone (at this point, I don't even know if she went or not). That was Wednesday evening, I stayed home from work on Wednesday because I was feeling sick and hoping to be able to make it to the opera that night (you know, that hit by a truck feeling? Yeah, not fun, that.). I didn't make it.

That being said, I'm going to Houston this weekend (read: tonight) to visit Darling Mums. We're going to the Opera tomorrow night, too. We're seeing The Marriage of Figaro. Not a bad substitute for Manon, but I've wanted to see Manon since I was a French Major the first time through college and read the short story in Fr. Lit. Maybe I'll buy myself a single ticket for early December.... who knows.

Then yesterday, I was hoping to go back to work in the afternoon, but I wasn't able to get there. BECAUSE... my cool-as-heck little brother (who's not so little anymore) got inducted to the Illinois Bar Assoc.!! SO PROUD!!

It was open seating so I got to sit next to him at Arie Crown Theater. It was fantastic to be there with him, though the speechifying became kinda long and boring. The coolest part about this whole event was that Brother Bear was cool with me bringing my knitting with me to work on through the speechifying.

He informed me when he first asked if I would come that there would be "Little or no actual entertainment value in attending this event. It would just be cool for me to have you there." So, me and DH's new cashmere and wool blend socks went to Arie Crown Theater to watch little Brother "get lawyered". I knit through almost the entire ceremony until Brother said "Okay, this is the part where you have to pay attention." At which point I put down said burgundy sock (which I'm designing myself and I'm very proud of, btw). Then the lawyerly type on the stage continued to speechify for another 40 minutes or so... Brother said, "Oops, sorry go ahead and knit some more, I'll let you know when you have to pay attention again".

I have a pic of him taking The Oath (you know, "I promise to uphold the Consitution of the United States etc. etc. etc."). The pic is actually of his back while he is standing up with THOUSANDS of other young lawyers surrounded by spouses and families getting inducted. It's a pretty funny pic. I'll try to post it when I get back.

So... smooches to you all and I'll leave you with two of the most hilarious blog posts I've read in a long time just to keep you entertained while I get my act in gear again. Both are courtesy of www.CrazyAuntPurl.com. I aspire to her hilarity, but not to the mishaps in her daily life which keep me coming back for more side-splitting humor.

Her Bus Catches Fire

Her Crackhead Drunken Neighbors


Bless her for this respite...

1 Comments:

Blogger kathy b said...

Jen

So sorry you missed the opera .
Feel better.

You and your brother sound like it is a great thing.

I didnt know you were a french major. I found a blog I love in french, but can only admire the pictures. I have to look it up and spell it correctly for you.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Mesothelioma Lawyer
Mesothelioma Lawyer Counter