Friday, November 04, 2005

Happy Fall!!

Well friends, no pics today as I'm at work without my camera. (Shhh... don't tell on me!)

Last night I went to Mosaic Yarn Studio for their fun fun fun long long long knit-in night. They have it every Thursday from 7 to 9 o'clock and sometimes they have special nights. Last night was Polish night. There were pierogis and kolachkes and yummy sausages (you know, the kind where just one bite gives you indigestion for the next 6 hours? Yeah, I had just one bite and it spent the rest of the night talking to me). THEN, here's the best part. All red and white yarn (Polish flag colors) was 20% off; including Touch Me by Meunch. Yummmy... and I didn't get any! I did however pick up two new pair of needles. Size 0 and size 1 in 24" Addi Turbo Circs.

Gotta have more than one pair so I can work on more than one pair of socks at a time, dontcha know....

Lovely Kara from GROUP and I rode over together. Claire from Knit One Chick Two was there and showed off her beautiful Mogul Sweater for DBF. It's made of some lovely navy blue cotton and boy, oh boy is that sucker heavy! I'm envious of her cabling ability and (of, course) I forgot to ask her to show me how to cable without a cable needle! Ah well, next time.

Alyssa was supposed to be there but the poor darling got stuck in Jury Duty (can we get a resounding UGH! from the crowd please?). The knit-in started at 6 and the poor darling was still stuck there! How terrible. I hope she was at least allowed to knit while she sat, but probably not.

So, I'm hoping to finish "The Socks that Went to the Vatican" tonight. I know it's taken me a long time but when I finish them and post the story, you'll understand why. Let's just say I've now made three socks in the same pattern.

Hope you all have a lovely friday! -- jen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Mesothelioma Lawyer
Mesothelioma Lawyer Counter