Sunday, October 02, 2005

Vintage Velvet et al.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch....

I'm one of those knitters who usually has 4 or 5 projects going at one time so that I don't get bored. I also love the planning stages of making a new project. So, here are some of the others I'm working on.

Vintage Velvet in Touch Me by Meunch. I'm thinking that it's the color recommended by the book (Scarf Style by Pam Allen), but I'm not sure.

All right, I need to take a poll too. My soon to be Sister in Law is a knitwear designer for Reuhl (the menswear store from Abercrombie & Fitch). She told me last time they were over that she's giving me a load of yarn for Christmas. (Think Italian wools and such). Since I'm knitting Christmas presents I' wondering what to knit for her. I've already planned a Button Hole Bag for her in Black, Camel and Beige. But then What else. I mean for heaven's sake, this woman is giving me yarn! I can't wimp out and just give her something silly. Do you think VV would be a cool gift to stick inside the bag?

Thoughts?


Okay, and here is the jacket I'm making for myself that I've titled Greed. Alyssa at Group told me to "knit faster." I gave her a confused look and she said "I want to see what it's' going to look like!" LOL! She makes me laugh! I love the ladies I knit with; they're too fun! Thanks Beauties!

Oh yeah, and I'm going to see Carmen at the Metropolitan Opera this week with Denyce Graves. Too cool. I'm so excited! Then on the 15th, we're leaving for Rome for a week. Exciting times ahead!

Smooches,
Jen

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for the scarf as a gift. If decide not to give your future sister-in-law the Vintage Velvet scarf, I'll take it! ;)

I miss Group & all the fun, but I'll be back (hopefully with some FOs) sometime in December when the quarter ends.

Did you see The Yarn Harlot yesterday? Thanks again for the heads up!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

So jealous you're going to Carmen! I want a full report at the next "group" :) I agree with Claire that a Vintage Velvet scarf would make a great gift for your future sis-in-law -- any chance to knit with that lovely lovely Muench Touch Me must be taken! (Please bring it to the next "group" so I can pet it:) hehe)

11:59 PM  
Blogger Chicago Jen said...

Okay,s pent the evening knitting at VV last night and I made two more cables. I've messed up again and you cannot give a messed up knitted scarf to a knitwear designer, so I've got to go back and frog it for the 5TH TIME!! GRRRR.... Well, I finally figured out how to note where I am in the pattern so this shouldn't happen again. FYI.. this is my first attempt at cables so I'm not too upset.

Jen

7:58 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Jen

Well, if you are giving her a purse, the she'll need shoes. I do not know how to knit shoes. Ask Lynnette. LOL

I'm jealous of Carmen too. See?

Don don don
da don don don
da don doninina
da
da don don don.

Enjoy Carmen!

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for the scarf as well! I think it's a perfect gift along with the purse. I've been hearing alot about that yarn lately, please bring it to our next "group" for "show and touch"!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

You may (or may not) already know this, but did you know that you can felt the "Touch Me" yarn? I have felted Plymouth's "Sinsation" yarn (which is basically the same composition as "Touch Me" -- 70% rayon, 30% wool core), and it comes out absolutely gorgeous. So, if you're just doing a basic garter stitch scarf without any fancy stitching, you can then throw it in the washer (I washed mine twice) and also in the dryer, and it comes out incredible. Smaller, though, so you'll have to consider that when knitting your scarf, or plan on a skinny one.

You can see my finished product here: http://marysvirginwool.blogspot.com/2005/10/plymouth-sinsation-felted-chenille.html

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Mesothelioma Lawyer
Mesothelioma Lawyer Counter