Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Welcome to my new blog!!


So today is a day of beginnings for me!

I started a knitting group this month and because of work was unable to attend the first meeting. :( Tonight at 6:30 CST is the first meeting I will be attending of the new Words, Wits n' Wool knitting group in Wilmette, IL. I'm so excited.

I also ordered a couple of patterns today from www.fiddlesticksknitting.com. I'm excited about seeing those too! I picked the Garden shawl and the Peacock shawl. I'm thinking of maybe using Lorna's Laces, Helen's Lace in River for the Garden shawl and in Purple Iris for the Peacock shawl. There are 1250 yds/hank but of course the cost is about $45/hank, So I'll probably end up using Knit Picks Shimmer which is a whole lot cheaper.

I'm also currently working on a seed stitch bordered cardigan from the Debbie Bliss book Baby Knits for Beginners for my girlfriend's baby girl who will be 1 in October. It's in Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino in this pretty lavender/orchid color.

I decided that the plain front was too boring so I chose a vining leaf pattern out of the Barbara Walker Book 2 to knit up the front sides. The front and back are finished and I'm working on the sleeves now. Only thing left after that is to do the neck edging and seam it all up and block it. I'm so excited!

I have so many WIP's it's embarrassing. I start working on something and I lose interest so I'm getting excited about nearly finishing this silly little sweater. Next I'm going to work on a lace shawl in Artisan Merino Lace Weight in Ocean. I haven't quite decided on a pattern, but I think I'm going to go with the Drooping Elm Leaf pattern from Barbara Walker's Book I (p.217).

Enough for now, got to go back to work.
Jen

1 Comments:

Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I know that you will have a great time in this interesting extension of knitting and visiting with neighbors in the Land of Blog. Cheers!

Lella

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Mesothelioma Lawyer
Mesothelioma Lawyer Counter