Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Nellie n' The Lotus Blossoms

Sounds like a girl-band from Scooby Doo doesn't it? And then they start disappearing and there's a ghost and a mummy and a big kitchen for Scooby and Shaggy to ransack...

Right. Focus.

On the knitting front I'm trying to be more like Alyssa and go on a yarn diet.... (we'll see how long that lasts). But there's a very good reason for it. I spend an enormous huge extravagant A LOT of money on yarn and knitting books n' stuff each month. Let's say almost enough for a car payment. Yeah, a nice car.... SOOOOO, I'm going on a yarn diet.

See, I want a new car. Yep, Ole' Nellie The Red Rocket (a.k.a my 98 Red Jetta) is gettin' up there in years. Her saddle bags and wrinkles are starting to to become more than just character lines. Oh yeah, and she's startin' to get the dreaded "Old Lady Smell". Now, don't get me wrong, not all Old Ladies have The Old Lady Smell. But when they've got it: you know they've got it.

Yeah, there's a pin hole in the front wheel well and when it rains a lot well, she's a little ripe. Enough so's that my DARLING husband gets into Nellie and says "Whew!! Did you rip one in here??!!" (Darling, isn't he??)

"Quit talkin' smack about my car!! She's a good girl and has taken good care of me!!"

"She's got 3 and 3/4 tires in the grave..."

"Get out."

I love my hubzind.

I'm going on a yarn diet, because I would rather have a new car and if I quit spending my hard earned ducats on yarn I might be able to get one sooner. (Did I mention that I got my shipment from Elann.com? She eez Beouuuteeefullll, she eez.)

Lotus Blossoms Progress
I've made it to the stockinette stitch part!!! Woo Hoo!!

Course, I'm a little nervous about being on St st, cause that's where I usually lose patience and let a project drop.

Oh yeah, and I went to Mosaic Yarn Studio this weekend and got three more hanks of the same yarn (different dye lot) so that I can add on short sleeves.

Even though the camera greyed out the color, you can kinda see the tiniest difference in the two balls. The one on the left is the original and it's just a fraction more intense than the one on the right. It's actually even less obvious in day light but all the same, I can see it. So, now I'm knitting with two balls at a time. Thank goodness the Lace part is over. The last 10 rows of lace were an adventure with two balls of yarn.

What do you all think in the way of sleeves? They're going to be top-down to just above the elbow. I'm thinking about starting a bottom up round with a lace repeat, and then kitchener-ing the two together, but I'm afraid that might be too much lace and draw unnecessary attention to the arms. What about a tiny picot edging?

GROUP

Finally, Group night is tomorrow and I'm probably going to be late (like 30 minutes late). All the same, I hope you all can join us!

Border's in Wilmette, IL @ Lake and Skokie from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. in the Cafe!

Be there or be square!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will probably also be just a tiny bit late.

See you tonight!

Lynae

12:41 PM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

What beautiful yarns and colors. I wonder if you are doing well on that yarn starvation diet. Your knitting is so lovely, I'm jealous!

2:07 AM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Jen

I WILL not tell Lynnette about your yarn diet. SHE will become depressed I am sure! It was fun to see your gorgeous knitting in person. IF you must collect, i find pattern collecting far cheaper!

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Mesothelioma Lawyer
Mesothelioma Lawyer Counter